This Sunday is a Communion Service. John will be leading the service which is the second in our new series 'Big Church, Little Church'. Chris will be preaching on ‘Becoming Disciples’. The readings are from Ephesian 4:11-16 and Matthew 7: 24-27.
This Sunday is also our 9am socially distanced Sunday morning service.
Update on seating – The reserve seating on the far side of church will be solely for those who wish to be distanced and wear masked. The seats nearest the road will no longer be reserved for a particular group.
If you are unable to come to the Sunday morning service in the building, you can access it live each Sunday on zoom. An edited recording of our Sunday Service will be available on our YouTube channel.
Coffee Mates meets most Fridays from 10.30 am to noon. Why not bring a friend along for a chat over coffee and cake?
Knit and Natter - The group will run at the same time as Coffee Mates, 10.30am-12 noon, so we have the added pleasure of drinks and lovely cakes on offer while we knit. The only cost is for your drinks and cake. The group is for all those who love knitting or have always wanted to have a go and would like to start with something simple. Anyone who crochets is very welcome to join us and maybe show us how to crochet! All are welcome. We have a supply of wool and there will be some spare needles. If anyone has any needles or patterns they would like to pass on please get in touch.
An Art Group also meet during Coffee Mates if you would like to bring a project - all are welcome.
If you are available on Fridays to help set up or serve at Coffee Mates (you don’t need to commit to a whole morning) please contact Miriam or Amanda.
Lunch Club meets most Wednesdays 11.30am-2pm. We enjoy activities, social time, a thought for the day and of course a hot meal cooked by Bobbie. If you would like more details, please contact Amanda in the office.
If you are free on Wednesday and have a gift for running activities, leading a thought for the day or serving by washing up please contact Bobbie or Amanda in the office for more details.
Face Coverings from 20 March - As announced during February, we are updating our COVID protocols. These changes will take effect from 20 March.
What is staying the same:
- We will continue to open the windows and back door during our services – please don’t close them if you see them open. This is for improved ventilation and air flow.
- We will continue to have chairs by the windows – those at the rear of the church will be for those who wish to wear masks. (We will be strict on this as we want to protect and stay mindful of those who are at a greater risk but still wish to attend services in person.)
- We will continue to broadcast our 10.30am Sunday services on Zoom for those who are unable to attend in person.
- We will continue to hold a monthly 9am Sunday service, with 2m social distancing and face coverings – please contact the office to enquire or book a place at this service.
What is changing:
- Wearing a face covering during a Sunday service will be optional from 20 March – that includes moving around the building, and it includes singing. Please be gracious with one another, in particular those who make a different choice to you.
On Zoom at 6pm on Mondays for 30 minutes, term time only.
We pray for our government and other leaders, for issues of concern in the news, for the poor and marginalised, for Christian witness, and especially at the moment, for preparation for the UN climate conference in November. If you would like to join in (you can join in silently if you prefer) please contact the office or Bobbie for the link.